Final up to date: February 10, 2020
The Interstate Medical Licensure Compact Commission (IMLC) is now processing purposes for expedited licensure in 26 states and one territory. This makes the method for acquiring a medical license in these states less complicated for those who already maintain your main license in one of many collaborating states.
The IMLC creates one other pathway for licensure and doesn’t in any other case change a state’s present Medical Observe Act. The IMLC additionally adopts a uniform and stringent normal for licensure and affirms that the follow of drugs happens the place the affected person is situated on the time of the physician-patient encounter. Upon licensure by way of the IMLC, the doctor shall be beneath the jurisdiction of the medical board within the state the place the affected person is situated.
States presently accepting purposes for multi-state licensure
There are presently 26 states and one territory accepting purposes for multi-state licensure:
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
*As a result of Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Vermont should not states of precept licensure (SPL), so you may’t enter into the compact with a MN, OK, or VT license. Nevertheless, you may get a licence to follow in these states by coming into the compact by means of one other SPL state.
Different states which are a part of the compact
The next states, territories, and districts are a part of the compact, however haven’t but applied full participation:
- District of Columbia
The next states have had laws launched to hitch the compact:
- South Carolina
To be qualify to take part on this program a doctor should fulfill the next necessities:
- Possess an energetic, full and unrestricted medical license in an SPL state and are a resident, have not less than 25 % of their medical follow, or are employed by an entity in a kind of states.
- Be a graduate of a medical faculty accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Schooling, the Fee on Osteopathic Faculty Accreditation, or a medical faculty listed within the Worldwide Medical Schooling Listing.
- Handed every element of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination or the Complete Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination inside three makes an attempt, or any predecessor examinations accepted by the state medical board through which you maintain your main license.
- Efficiently accomplished graduate medical schooling permitted by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Schooling or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- Maintain an energetic, time-limited specialty certification or a lifetime specialty certificates acknowledged by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- By no means been convicted, acquired adjudication, deferred adjudication, neighborhood supervision, or deferred disposition for a felony, gross misdemeanor, or crime of ethical turpitude.
- By no means held a medical license subjected to self-discipline by a licensing company in any state, federal, or overseas jurisdiction, excluding any motion associated to non-payment of charges associated to a medical license.
- By no means had a managed substance license or allow suspended or revoked by a state or the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Isn’t beneath energetic investigation by a licensing company or legislation enforcement authority in any state, federal, or overseas jurisdiction.