Final up to date: February 10, 2020
The Interstate Medical Licensure Compact Commission (IMLC) is now processing purposes for expedited licensure in 26 states and one territory. This makes the method for acquiring a medical license in these states less complicated for those who already maintain your main license in one of many collaborating states.
The IMLC creates one other pathway for licensure and doesn’t in any other case change a state’s present Medical Follow Act. The IMLC additionally adopts a uniform and stringent commonplace for licensure and affirms that the apply of medication happens the place the affected person is situated on the time of the physician-patient encounter. Upon licensure by way of the IMLC, the doctor will probably be underneath the jurisdiction of the medical board within the state the place the affected person is situated.
States at present accepting purposes for multi-state licensure
There are at present 26 states and one territory accepting purposes for multi-state licensure:
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
*As a result of Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Vermont aren’t states of precept licensure (SPL), so you’ll be able to’t enter into the compact with a MN, OK, or VT license. Nonetheless, you will get a licence to apply in these states by getting into the compact by one other SPL state.
Different states which might be a part of the compact
The next states, territories, and districts are a part of the compact, however haven’t but carried out full participation:
- District of Columbia
The next states have had laws launched to hitch the compact:
- South Carolina
To be qualify to take part on this program a doctor should fulfill the next necessities:
- Possess an energetic, full and unrestricted medical license in an SPL state and are a resident, have at the very least 25 p.c of their medical apply, or are employed by an entity in a type of states.
- Be a graduate of a medical faculty accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Training, the Fee on Osteopathic School Accreditation, or a medical faculty listed within the Worldwide Medical Training Listing.
- Handed every element of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination or the Complete Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination inside three makes an attempt, or any predecessor examinations accepted by the state medical board through which you maintain your main license.
- Efficiently accomplished graduate medical schooling authorized by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Training or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- Maintain an energetic, time-limited specialty certification or a lifetime specialty certificates acknowledged by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Affiliation.
- By no means been convicted, acquired adjudication, deferred adjudication, group supervision, or deferred disposition for a felony, gross misdemeanor, or crime of ethical turpitude.
- By no means held a medical license subjected to self-discipline by a licensing company in any state, federal, or international jurisdiction, excluding any motion associated to non-payment of charges associated to a medical license.
- By no means had a managed substance license or allow suspended or revoked by a state or the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Is just not underneath energetic investigation by a licensing company or regulation enforcement authority in any state, federal, or international jurisdiction.